Monday, August 13, 2012

Our Lady of Seven Sorrows- Three Months Pastoral Experience


Thank you so much for viewing my blog. We will continue to be united in prayer.


I have been assigned to the Basilica of Our Lady of Seven Sorrows in a town called Navrongo for three months prior to my Ordination on December 1, 2012.

This basilica is very historic in the whole country. It was the First Church and the first Parish to be established in the Northern Part of Ghana when the Missionaries came to evangelize the people of the north of Ghana in 1909.

This parish is one of the very busy parishes in my beloved Diocese of Navrongo-Bolgatanga. There are always activities going on in the parish besides it being a good tourist center for many people from far and near. It is built with mud and it is still standing strong.



I am one week old here and I continue to be grateful to God for using me in this parish. Part of my assignment is to witness weddings, funerals, all the blessings, and other activities. Right now there is a week-long retreat going in preparation for the Feast of the Assumption of our blessed Mother on August 15. I gave a talk to the pilgrims Yesterday on John 2:5 "Do Whatever he tells you" Every evening all the pilgrims gather at the Grotto to pray the Rosary. It is amazing out here.

This morning I blessed pilgrims from the parish belonging to the Sacred Heart of Jesus Confraternity who were travelling to Ouagadougou for the upcoming Feast of Assumption.

One Unique thing about this parish is that every daily Mass, the basilica is full and I am always tired when distributed Holy Eucharist to them. I admire the faith of the people.




Here are some pictures of the Minor Basilica of Our Lady of Seven Sorrows


front view



Grotto


One of the ways the Priest and Clergy feed are the gifts they recieve from the people. I was called to blessed a shop and this is the product of that blessing....
I got a roster for dinner :)

3 comments:

  1. love the blue doors and shutters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to butcher that yourself! Yummy chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that is what I did. It was a delicious
      Meal for all of the priests and seminarians in the parish :)

      Delete